Wednesday, June 9, 2010

Transitions

Well, I have failed at blogging the last several months.  There are so many reflective times during my week, but I forget to utilize this tool. 

It feels like a time of TRANSITION right now...in ministry life.  Like there's some kind of paradigm shift going on.  What I mean by that is that people are considering a change in the way they do some things.  The desired result is the same, but the method of getting there seems to be changing.  My good friend described it as a collective "holding our breath". 

It seems like we all feel there's something coming, but no one can identify what that might be, and we have no idea what we're supposed to do...so we wait.  I guess I'm okay with transition seasons.  But all I know is that when it comes to a point of movement, I MUST have forward momentum.  I can't resolve to back up or stay the same.  I'll die in that environment.  Not physically (that's a little dramatic)...but spiritually, creatively, personally, emotionally.  I have to keep moving forward.

Honestly, I don't know how people can stand to just stay the same.  I know most people hate change - but what about boredom with the mundane, same old thing?  Maybe it's my personality type.  But I think that God has called us to continually learn - seek more of Him - stretch our giftings - reach new people...  Forward momentum is necessary.  You definitely slow up at times and accelerate at other times, but always move forward. 

Are you in a holding pattern?  Repeating the same cycle over and over?  If so, either God is trying to teach you something that you're not grasping, or maybe you haven't been giving much effort to moving forward.  Something I'm thinking about...

No comments:

Post a Comment