Tuesday, June 7, 2011

Annette's 90 Day Goal (July-Sept)

I apologize for not posting this last week! The whole week was consumed with several families and individuals in crisis, and I was committed to walking through with them - everything else had to shift in priority.  I SHOULD have texted all of you and asked you to wait on your 90 day goal until you saw the structure of mine.  Forgive me - but you may need to revamp yours if you've already done it.  This is different from the 30 day goals we've set, and I'd like everyone to follow a similar structure - just for learning purposes.  So please adapt your 90 day goal to this format.  (The colors are optional. LOL)

GOAL:  To re-organize and re-structure my team building process so that it can be adapted to every team I lead.

July Action Steps:
  1. Complete the student leadership section of the AYM manual (work with intern if available). Still in draft form - my intern isn't starting until fall so I'm on my own.
  2. Meet with Pastor Jeff to discuss ideas about ways to improve and reorganize the team building process I've been using.**  Done
  3. Draft a letter to team members to inform them about upcoming changes. Done
  4. Ask Pastor Jeff to review the draft, and then send it.  Have to wait until he returns from Boston.
August Action Steps:
  1. Create schedule for individual appointments with leaders and team members. In progress - there are a lot of them. :)
  2. Identify a curriculum for student leader Sunday class in the fall and set start date (6-8 sessions). Done.
  3. Identify a book to read with the worship team in 2012. I think I found one. This is tough.
  4. Identify a book/series to go through with the youth ministry team. I'm going to hold off on this. Too ambitious for one year since I'll be in school.
  5. Select 1 leader or team member to meet with and seek honest feedback about my leadership style, strengths, and weaknesses.** Done. Also took the 'Flag Page Assessment' - interesting!
  6. Brainstorm ways to recruit potential student leaders. In progress.
September Action Steps:
  1. Begin one-on-one meetings with team members.  In progress.
  2. Begin student leadership class.  Done (doing).
  3. Summarize the team building process in written form and submit to Pastor Jeff for review. I opted not to go down this road yet, due to the vision team process.  As we are working through the material, I see there are things that will need to change, but I don't want to move prematurely.  I am going to wait until we have completed the process as a church and then follow the same ideas with youth.
  4. Meet with Pastor Jeff to discuss progress, suggestions, etc.**  Done.
**This indicates a step that is REQUIRED for you to include in your action steps.  One per month.  You don't have to meet with the same person that I named...but it should be someone who has influence in your life, authority to correct you, and someone you respect and will listen to.

No comments:

Post a Comment