Thursday, July 28, 2011

Randy's Ch 8 & 9 Review

Consumers:  Look for what they can take from others.
Investors: Look for what they can give to others.
I've always looked at these two words and thought I was more of an investor than a consumer and I still believe that, but not as much as I thought.  I evaluated myself and found that there is more consumer in me than I would like to admit.  I am challenged to take a good look at investment.  If I pick the right people, I will multiply my influence.  I will have to discern who is a taker and who truly wants more of the Kingdom of God.  As the author said we should look to see who we invest our time in but the bottom line is that we follow God's direction in who we invest in. 
I will also seek to energize those I invest in.  I like the word energize.  It's an easy way to test oneself.  We are called to make disciples.  Jesus was very particular in who He made into his followers.  I know we must do the same. I imagine a church that the scale is tipped into the area of investment.   Multiplication instead of addition will happen. 

1 comment: