Monday, August 1, 2011

Mike's Ch 8 & 9 Review

Chapter 8 talked about a topic that I need to work on. Sometimes I feel like the eternal optimist - if there is something I can say or do for someone, to try and help them, in most cases I will do it. At times I need to guard myself from getting spread so thin that burnout can set in. If I am burned out myself, I won't be able to help anybody. As with most things, I feel there needs to be balance. Sometines I feel that if I am able to help someone they may not realize that they in turn need to reach out and help others - giving back to others. Hopefully with time things will change for that person (they will become more of an investor than consumer). Probably an area I need more help with is that in after reaching out to someone and seeing that things are not changing or improving, is to be willing to back away or to stop the investment process rather than to keep going down a dead end road. If the back away steps were needed, I would want to do it in such a way as to keep the communication lines open.

Chapter 9 - The Last Word. The relationships and interactions we have with other people are important. We need to interact with other people in a Christ like manner. We can't just talk about reaching out and helping others, but we need to put actions to our words.

1 comment: