Sunday, August 21, 2011

Natalie's Chapters 8 & 9 Relational Intelligence

The chapter disproportionate investor is all about learning to invest our time in others who will also reproduce good works so that in the end our influence will be greater than we could have done by ourselves. Unfortunately the hard part is determining who to invest in and who to let go. I think we have all encountered those "consumers" the author describes. These people can never have enough of your time and efforts. I think the important thing to take from this is that there are times when we have to realize when someone is trying to use us and not willing to give out to others. I think it is something that we recognize fairly easily. On the contrast, as leaders we need to invest our energy into people who are also going to give out.
I think this chapter is a good reality check because although we want to believe that everyone has good intentions, there are some who will just use and use and don't want to give anything back. But thankfully, more often I have encountered those that really do want to live a life for God and make disciples like Jesus said so I feel that my investment in those people have been totally worthwhile.
I have enjoyed learning from this book. It has a lot of good ideas that I would not have thought of but totally make sense. I would recommend this book to other leaders who want to learn how to be smarter in relationships.

No comments:

Post a Comment