Monday, November 7, 2011

Randy's Chapters 4-6

“I think leaders are at their very best when they are raising up leaders around them."
"People don’t give to organizations or to other people. They give to visions."
I am challenged by these two staments.  It's much easier to just do a job yourself and more difficult to raise up a leader to do that same job.  In order for the church to grow the latter must be the mentality.  I have to admit that was not my priority, I made children my priority.  I now see the error in that thought process.  With help I will make the transition in raising up leaders.
The second statement concerns vision.  Vision is more than writing something on a paper.  It starts there but must take on a life of itself.  The written vision has to grab the attention of the reader.  The vision must be talked about and lived.  I will keep in mind what is written in these chapters as I develope next years Children's Ministry vision.   
Nothing tests the mettle of church leaders and members more than the resource challenge.
BUILD TEAM PERFORMANCE BY ESTABLISHING CLEAR GOALS
Knowing leads to loving.” It is impossible to listen to the heartfelt reflections of a team member without being drawn into a deeper relationship with that person.

No comments:

Post a Comment