Friday, January 6, 2012

Courageous Leadership 7-10

Leadership Styles - As they diligently add to this personal database year after year, they automatically increase their leadership batting averages.
Leadership skills is a growing process. I'm going to commit myself to develop my strong leadership styles and grow in my weaker leadership styles. (At this point I feel I have more weaker styles than strong.)  I see my leadership as a shepherd style.

We must identify emerging leaders, invest in them, give them kingdom responsibilities, and coach them into effectiveness.  The process we are going through is helping us do exactly this. "Working yourself out of a job" is what God demands.  It's not always easy, in fact it's very difficult.  But it's how the Kingdom of God operates.  

Is there enough quietness in your life for you to hear the whispers of the Holy Spirit?  This was a question that Bill asked in regards to leadership.  I can't lead others if I not following the Holy Spirit's leading.

Bill brought out the different leadership styles of Biblical heroes.  Of all the people he mentioned, David rose to the top.  I couldn't help but think of what David had to go through in order to get the "leadership" style  that was in his life.  I have to ask myself if I'm willing to, "pay the price" in order to receive what  God is willing to place in my life.  I pray at the end of the day the answer is yes.  

1 comment:

  1. Very nice post on courageous leadership. Many thanks for sharing this information.
    Future Leader

    ReplyDelete