Thursday, January 26, 2012

Annette's final 60 day goal

I have definitely made some major adjustments to my usual method of setting goals because of the vision process.  It's been spiritually and mentally exhausting for me lately.  I am sensing a "slump" of sorts in the youth and we have known for a while that we needed to cast vision again because they were losing sight of that.  I am hesitating to do that until we make a move as a church because I know that we need to mirror what Pastor Jeff is doing.  So in light of that, here are some things that I can do to prepare for the vision casting...


  • Work with current student leaders to recruit and mentor new student leaders.  We have a large class of seniors graduating this spring.  It is contributing to the "sluggish" feeling because there will be holes to fill. But instead of filling the same holes - we are going to focus more on identifying what these new leaders are gifted to do and line them up in the right area of ministry according to those.  So the way we do youth services may change - and that seems to mirror what's happening in the rest of the church.  I think God's timing is so cool.
  • My team and I need to identify the areas that are sluggish (and why if possible), and pray for direction about how to address those issues.  We have covenanted together to fast and pray every Wednesday lunch hour until we get a sense of the new direction.  When we're ready, we will strategize how to implement the changes needed.
  • Plan ahead for a parents night so that when the time comes, we can incorporate their input into what changes will take place in youth ministry.

No comments:

Post a Comment