Tuesday, July 10, 2012

Destination El Salvador!

After all the fundraising and planning and packing, we are finally on our way! Heidi, Mahri and I are joining a team of 23 from South Dakota to travel to San Salvador for 11 days. We all met in Sioux Falls for orientation last night. We got to know each other a little...through some crazy icebreakers. We weighed our bags (all three of us girls were 15+ pounds under, thank you very much), and we heard a great message from Pastor Tom Rooney. He encouraged us from the book of Luke, where Jesus sent out the teams of two, to proclaim peace over the places we go, minister to their needs whenever we can, and to remember that when we are in the center of God's will, it is the safest place to be. I think he included that for the parents who were in attendance. :) The most important thing that we can do on this trip is to demonstrate LOVE of Jesus everywhere we go! I am so excited to build relationships with students and the people of El Salvador. But I'm most excited to see what God has planned for us to be a part of. He is already working in that country. We are getting the privilege to be a part of it for a short time. I know that He will transform the lives of the students and leaders who are going. I'm the only female leader on this trip and I LOVE THAT!!! These girls are so fun to be with and I can't wait to hear their hearts as God ministers to them. I'm thankful for the outstanding leadership of David Bauchspiess - our DYD. He has a passion for Jesus and a love for missions that is contagious to our students. We covet your prayers and will update you as I am able! Gloria a Dios!!

No comments:

Post a Comment