Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Annette's 60 Day Goal (Mar-Apr)

GOAL: To successfully administer the Easter production.  I was trying to think of a different goal, but in the next 60 days, this production will be my #1 focus!  So it only makes sense that I lay out what needs to be done in my goal.  There's a lot of detail that I'm not listing here. :o)  You'll see I've set mini-deadlines within the main goal.  That's just something I have to do to ensure things are ready when they're needed and I reduce the amount of stress on myself being done ahead of time.

ACTION STEPS:
  1. Finish final revisions of scenes by March 13th.  DONE (was late)
  2. Distribute scripts to cast members by March 14th.  DONE (was late)
  3. Schedule scene rehearsals for March as soon as cast members receive script.  DONE
  4. Talk to Heidi about dance choreography and rehearsals by March 14th.  DONE
  5. Delegate costuming to a responsible individual (obtain costumes from MaryBeth; find seamstress for additional needed costumes; keep track of costumes; dress cast).  DONE
  6. Meet with Tech team to review what's needed for production by April 3rd.
  7. Confirm lights set-up with Alison Spak by March 27th.  DONE
  8. Delegate set construction to a responsible individual (verify materials from last year; adjustments to stage changes; recruit volunteers).  DONE
  9. Make final decisions on musical changes by March 20th.  DONE
  10. Delegate promotion to a responsible individual (update programs, flyers; posters; distribute information to local press).  DONE
  11. Update and finalize tech notes in script and review with stage manager.  DONE
  12. Work with church staff to print tickets, promote in bulletin, and sell tickets.  DONE
Obviously everything had to get done.  Overall everything went well but I would give myself about a B- on my preparation.  I was behind this year, even though Easter was late.  I think I allowed other things to crowd these priorities.  I didn't get all stressed out, but some things could have run better if I had been more on top of it. 

No comments:

Post a Comment