Thursday, January 20, 2011

Jodie's 1st Post (Jan.)

Jodie's 1st post

Why did I agree to be part of Signet Leadership at this time?  Well,  What am I waiting for!!  No time better than the present - I can't put it off any longer.  Christ return will be soon and I want to be found ready and those around me to know.  I am up to the challenge. 
I see an urgency out in the world right now, I want to do better at  what I do -do.  I can continue to keep adding 'jobs' or 'labels' to my life but if I don't do good to what I commit to - I am a clanging cymbal.

What am I passionate about?  I want to be effective in children's/ teens lives.  If these kids of this generation don't make a commitment to stand for Christ now - the chances that they will as adults is very slim to none.  It's a tough world out there and we need to equip them with All they will need.
I also love to scrapbook - preserve those memories.  Let my kids know how loved they are.

Growing as a Leader -   I think we should never stop learning.  But,  I can learn and be educated about things and changes I should make - but, if I don't apply them, what good was it.  I need to work through the application process.  Just as we all are a work in progress through Christ - we can read the Bible but if you don't apply it to your life, they are just worlds on a page(make HIM real).  So Work It Out - is my new goal also.

What 5 things that could Hinder me?   As I put off things, like this blog - procrastination is a down fall and being on time.  I also hate to ask people for help,  I want to just get it done myself.  Is it self control, perfectionism,  or just not wanting to bother someone???  I've got alot to learn.  I want to be trustworthy, but if I get to much on my plate I feel I have failed at times-many times. 
I have to laugh at my self, we all should - right!?  I use to think I was a "nice person"!  Wow - where did I go?  Is it that I could handle more earlier in my life - less stress, or I just don't let it 'roll off my back' like before.  I really try to not let people bother me - but it's harder now (am I just older and crabbier?)  I might be  your greatest 'piece of work' in this group! ha!

Writing and speaking are not my strengths, so I will need to put forth more of an effort in these areas.

What gifts can I bring to the leadership of this church?  I feel that I am an approachable person,  I hope I can comfort and share the joy of Christ to others.  Encouragement is a natural gift - and I enjoy purposefully spreading it.  I've got my Dad's big smile (hate the wrinkles that come with it though) and I just now have learned since his death, of what a gift it is. He was remembered that way - always had a smile to greet everyone.

I am looking forward to a bond of growth with this group, a kick in the butt,  helping me to do better and be better for the Kingdom of Christ.  I hope not to let any of you down- let alone my Jesus.
Love you all,
Jodie

1 comment:

  1. Yes - urgency - It seems like it has increased even more. What if this were our last year to make a diffence? I like that - kick in the butt. That is good word for all of us.

    ReplyDelete