Monday, May 2, 2011

Allison's April Reveiw

"There's nothing we can do about other people's choice to remain irrelevant to us, but we do have all the power to ensure our relevance to others." Chapter 6 was eye opening for me. At one time he spoke of how Heretics are compelling to people, because they challenge people thinking and have strong opinionated subject matters always at hand. That is a little scary and challenging to me all at the same time in that I don't want to be irrelevant for the cause of Christ while a Heretic leads them astray. I can think of a Christian that I know and love who follows a Hectic and now I have an understanding why that has happened. This Chapter really challenged me to be more informed as to draw others by interesting dialogue.

"Conversational Futurists refuse to stall the dialogue or even circle around the same subjects simply by using different words." I am inspired by this chapter, I have been in many a conversation that I have not known how to make progress forward. I leave these conversation feeling distatisfied and sometimes defeated. I actually was pleased to find myself in this kind of conversation this week and was able to move the conversation ahead with resolve for the other person and ultimately myself! All simple because I read this chapter. Glory! Hallelujah!

1 comment:

  1. That is SO great! I'm really encouraged to read that it's practical for you. Thank you for sharing your personal experiences.

    ReplyDelete