Saturday, February 5, 2011

Natalie's 30 day goal for February

Goal Update: Well friends, it's not good news. Unfortunately my progress has been stalled. Due to some sick days and poor time management my goal did not get completed. Obviously I need help in this area. I think the key is becoming more disciplined in the mornings and getting the kids to daycare early so that I can have some good productive hours in the morning. Errr, I hate procrastination. Maybe I made too big of a goal?



30 day goal: Complete organizing/filing system at home. Learning more about organization will help me to be a better leader and be a better manager. This is also the topic I have chosen for my personal growth book.

Action steps:

  • remove 2010 and older paperwork from filing cabinet
  • file current 2011 paperwork
  • put old paperwork to keep in labeled boxes (old tax returns, loan info, house info, etc)
  • weekly go thru mail and file necessary things
  • Separate out health care spending information in folder (receipts, EOBs, etc)
  • Fill out and submit HCSA forms for 2010

2 comments:

  1. While this is a personal goal, there are very measured steps that you have to take, so we can still hold you accountable. And I agree that this kind of organization is very important and will affect your leadership life tremendously!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Did you complete ANY of your action steps? Just wondering... You may be right about it being too big. One suggestion is that (for future), set a goal to complete 1 or 2 of the pieces of the project that you LEAST want to do. The others, that you don't mind doing, are easier to get motivated to do. :o) Example: Maybe you could have just made a new routine to go through mail and file necessary items every Friday, and fill out the 2010 forms. You know the other things need to get done, but you can at least tackle a couple. Sometimes failing is our greatest teacher! So adjust and keep movin. :o)

    ReplyDelete